2 - 3 October 2021
|Previous Winners : Boys
|1||(6‑0)||Maniototo Area School A|
|Zoe Harman, Anna Stuart, Reef Becker, Olivia Russell|
|Olivia Oram, Sarah Oram, Ellie McKenzie, Bella Stewart|
|3||(3-4)||Bayfield High School Heavy Sweepers|
|Tallulah Wilson-Brown, Sofea Haizal, Kyra Sharp, Willow Stanton|
|4||(0-6)||Maniototo Area School B|
|Aaliyah Watson, Lucia Russell, Emma Kinney, Mahaliya Pike|
|1||(6-1)||John McGlashan College|
|Darcy Nevill, William Loe, Jack Steele, Jed Nevill|
|2||(4-3)||Mt Aspiring College / Wakatipu High School Combined|
|Hunter Burke, Flyn Coburn, Dylan Connell, Mike Burke|
|3||(3-3)||Bayfield High School Burlers|
|Josh Dixon, Owen Newall, Romero Suggate, Patrick Gibbons|
|4||(0-6)||Maniototo Area School|
|Case Macdonald, Zac McKenzie, Troy Elliot, Bradley Shaw|
Draw and Results
Saturday 2 October, Draws 1-4
|10:15 am, Draw 1|
|John McGlashan Col||6||3||2||5||X||16|
|B||Mt Aspiring / Wakatipu||4||1||1||6|
|Maniototo Girls A||1||2||1||1||5|
|D||Bayfield Heavy Sweepers||4||1||1||2||8|
|Maniototo Girls B||2||2||4|
|1:00 pm, Draw 2|
|A||Maniototo Girls A||1||1||2||1||3||8|
|Bayfield Heavy Sweepers||2||2|
|B||Maniototo Girls B||X||0|
|D||John McGlashan Col||2||1||3||6|
|Mt Aspiring / Wakatipu||1||3||1||5|
|3:30 pm, Draw 3|
|A||John McGlashan Col||1||3||1||5|
|Mt Aspiring / Wakatipu||2||2||2||1||X||7|
|C||Maniototo Girls A||3||1||2||2||X||8|
|Maniototo Girls B||1||X||1|
|Bayfield Heavy Sweepers||1||X||1|
|5:30 pm, Draw 4|
|A||Maniototo Girls A||2||2||3||X||7|
|B||Maniototo Girls B||1||1||1||3|
|Bayfield Heavy Sweepers||1||1||1||1||4|
|Mt Aspiring / Wakatipu||2||4||6|
|D||John McGlashan Col||2||2||3||4||X||11|
Sunday 3 October, Draws 5-6
|9:30 am, Draw 5|
|B||Mt Aspiring / Wakatipu||1||X||1|
|John McGlashan Col||2||3||3||1||X||9|
|Maniototo Girls B||2||2||4|
|D||Bayfield Heavy Sweepers||X||0|
|Maniototo Girls A||3||1||2||4||1||X||11|
|12:00 pm, Draw 6|
|A||Maniototo Girls B||1||1||X||2|
|Maniototo Girls A||3||2||3||X||8|
|B||Bayfield Heavy Sweepers||3||1||2||2||X||8|
|John McGlashan Col||1||1||4||6|
|D||Mt Aspiring / Wakatipu||2||2||5||X||9|
Round Robin Standings
|1||QG||John McGlashan Col||5||1||54.5||W||L||W||W||W||W|
|2||QG||Mt Aspiring / Wakatipu||4||2||29.5||L||W||W||L||W||W|
|Teams with the same W/L record are ranked by head-to-head results, then DSC if required
W = tournament winner (undefeated), QG = qualified for gold medal match, QS = qual for silver medal match
|1||W||Maniototo Girls A||6||0||161.4||W||W||W||W||W||W|
|3||QS||Bayfield Heavy Sweepers||3||3||231.6||L||L||W||L||W||W|
|4||Maniototo Girls B||0||6||265.8||L||L||L||L||L||L|
Sunday 3 October, Finals
|3:30 pm, Finals|
|Boys' Gold medal match|
|B||John McGlashan Col||3||2||3||1||1||10|
|Mt Aspiring / Wakatipu||1||1||2||4|
|Girls' Silver medal match|
|Bayfield Heavy Sweepers||1||X||1|
Covid 'Delta' Rules
Earlier in 2021, both the North and South Island Championships were canceled due to the whole country being at Covid Alert Level 4. The NZ Secondary School Championships were scheduled for this weekend but with Auckland still at Level 2 NZCA was unable to host the NZ tournament, so it was decided to continue with the dates as the SISS event.
- Competitors to enter downstairs, Spectators upstairs.
- Everyone entering MCI is to contact trace, each time they enter the building.
- Everyone over 12 years is to wear masks, unless curling, eating, or drinking.
- Competitors to remove masks once through doors on the ice and put back on when leaving the rink.
- Social Distancing is advised i.e. those within their own bubbles can be together, otherwise it is recommended you should social distance.
- Each team can only have up to seven spectators, which includes a teacher (or nominated parent) in charge.
- Only one nominated person per team (per game) is allowed to change the scoreboard.
- Competitors to sanitise prior to entry and exit onto the ice.
- It is preferred that teams play with their own gear for the duration of the tournament, or if borrowing gear, use the same gear for the entire tournament.
- Welcome and Team meeting will be held at 10am on Saturday 2nd October. All teams are expected to be present. Practise will follow from this, approximately 10.15am.
- WCF rules will dictate the playing of all games.
- Both pools will play a Double Round Robin (i.e. you will play each team twice).
- Practise will start at the time stated. Teams named first will practice first. Practice time is 6 minutes.
- All pool games will be 6 ends in length with a minimum of 4 ends to be played. Finals will be 8 ends in length with a minimum of 6 ends to be played.
- In the event of a tie, an extra end will be played.
- Hammer is decided by team listed first. Teams named first will play the ‘dark’ stones. Teams named second will play the ‘light’ stones.
- Between Hogs a played rock hit or touched with a broom or foot is burnt and removed immediately. If an infringement happens in the ‘playing area’ ask an umpire for advice.
- All teams will complete a Draw Shot Challenge after one of their games. Umpire will advise.
- Draw Shot Challenge: Four team members throw one stone each, with the best three stones counted. This result will help, if needed, for the team rankings.
- Due to Covid, NZCA will be presenting a Gold medal and a Silver for the SISS Tournament plus certificates for all place getters.
- Finals will be filmed by Sky Sports Xtra as a Highlights Package.
- Option #1: If a team goes through the Double Round Robin with no losses, then this team automatically wins Gold. The other teams will then be ranked 2nd – 4th, with 2nd and 3rd progressing to the finals to play off for the Silver Medal.
- Option #2: Teams will be ranked 1st – 4th. 1st and 2nd will play off in the Gold Medal Match. If both teams agree, 3rd and 4th can play off for Bronze Medal.
- In the event of the same win/loss record, the winner of the two in their game will be ranked first.
- If teams appear to be equal in their sections, then the Team Draw Shots will be used. The better Draw Shot Challenge will rank a team higher than a team with the same win/loss record.
- The team entry fee is a maximum of $500. This will reduce if we receive funding grants. Entries have closed.
- Click here for a Schools Curling info pack.
- Team Uniforms: Teams are encouraged to wear match tops/and or uniforms in tournaments so team members are easily identifiable.
- See the School Sport NZ events page for RAMS and H&S plans (scroll down to event).