COVID-19 update from NZ Curling Association

23 Mar 2020 – The New Zealand Curling Association Executive are monitoring Covid-19 day by day.

We will adopt the appropriate safeguards in compliance with Government, Ministry of Health and Sport New Zealand requirements and guidelines.

Further decisions will be made in due course as information comes to hand which could include provisions of postponing or cancelling up and coming curling events.

Maniototo International Curling Rink has closed until June 30 due to Covid-19. This means there will be no curling events held in Naseby during this period. In the meantime, if you have any queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to email NZCA at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

See the government's dedicated website here.

Current status

  • All of NZ's indoor curling facilities are closed until further notice (MCI Naseby, Paradice Avondale, Dunedin, Gore).
  • The NZ Mixed (Fours - Auckland) and NZ Mixed Doubles Championship (Naseby), both scheduled for June, have been postponed. The MCI Doubles scheduled for 22-24 May is also postponed.
  • The start dates for the Auckland and Dunedin Club and Schools leagues have been delayed until further notice. Start date for MCI's Contractors Cup is also to be advised.
  • Decisions on if and when postponed and delayed events are to be held will be advised when known.
  • Confirmation of events scheduled for July and beyond (NZ Open, Training Camp, NZ Juniors, NZ Seniors, NI / SI / NZ Schools) will be advised when known.

Stay safe everyone, kia kaha, be kind, and stay in your bubble!

Stay home to stop the spread of Covid-19